SQL Migration - How to switch to a new source sql connection without losing the tables

I am not able to change the database source in the sql migration. I am losing the source tables, even do the table are exactly the same in both databases. Is there a way to solve this?

I am getting the following error, and can not adjust the tables:
Some of the configured source tables or queries cannot be resolved in the current SQL connection (‘EIC40_AI (****)’). Do you wish to keep them in the configuration?

Best regards
Patrick

Hey Patrick! Welcome to the 3T Community! :slight_smile:

I’m assuming you’re talking about the migration from SQL to MongoDB? If so, you should be able to choose to keep the configuration and then go into the “Edit relationship mappings” view:

Down in the “Datasets view”, you can then right-click the desired dataset and choose “Edit root dataset properties” to choose a different source table:

In case there are any mismatches after changing the table, they’ll show up in red at the top:

Let me know if this solves the issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Rico,

you are correct. I am talking about the migration from SQL to MongoDB.

I guess what you described is how to switch to an oder table, because if I follow your instruction i get this message:

What I would like to do is to switch the source SQL connection and connect to an other database.

What type of SQL database are we talking about here? I just ran through the steps again using a MySQL database instance and I can switch to a different server just fine, also including switching to a different database and table.

Is your SQL connection perhaps configured to only allow access to one database?

Hi Rico,

it is a Microsoft SQL. I now copied the DB to my local instance and even there I am not able to switch to an other DB.

On my local instance it should see all my db’s. But somehow does not. But anyway I just will copy the desired db to my local instance and copy it to from there to mongo. Not the nicest way, as I have to do it a few times. But it works.

1 Like